The 2008 UKSC/SEDSIC Rover Design Competition
was envisioned with two parts in mind:
- Phase I: conceptual design at the UK Space Conference
- Phase II: design-and-build at the SEDS International Conference
Then some friends of mine from India from SEDSIC 2007 (where the first rover design competition was held
) asked if they could also participate in Phase I. However, traveling to the UK from India for both Phase I and Phase II would be a huge cost for students.
So... we'll also have a Phase I in India. I won't be organizing it -- plenty of other work to do with just one Phase I -- but participating in Phase I, whether it is in the UKSC or in India or anywhere else, will be eligible for bonus points for Phase II. The grand prize for Phase II is again an ISU
scholarship.[color="Red"]If you would like to host your own Phase I in your country, please post in this thread.[/color]
Some general guidelines:
- Must be completed by end of May
- Results must be transmitted to main rover design competition organizers (well... me) to be posted on site
- Must include photos, news articles, etc., to prove validity of event
I'm sure I made some mistakes, and I'm even more sure that I don't exactly understand how things work in your country/region/planet, so please ask as many questions as you like. Happy rover-ing.